How to make cannabis-infused bath bombs?
What is better than laying in a hot bath after a long day at work? You probably going to answer with nothing right? Well, there is in fact something that will make a hot bath even better and that is CBD cannabis-infused bath bombs.
How does a cannabis bath bomb work?
Do you know what is the largest organ? The skin. Our skin has receptors throughout its layers and this allows it to absorb the cannabinoids THC and CBD from different cannabis skincare products. Once your skin has absorbed it, in many cases you will experience benefits like relief from stiffness, inflammation itching, and redness.
Well, you are probably wondering, how do I create this bath bomb? Well, get comfy and read on.
This is What you will need:
- Two mixing bowls
- A Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons and cups
You will need molds for your bath bombs you can either use molds that are specifically designed for bath bombs or use even a muffin tin, you can use whatever object you want to create your bath bomb as long as the opening at the top is large enough to remove your bath bomb.
Ingredients that will be needed:
- 3 tablespoon Cannabis oil CBD or THC, (you can choose to make your own, like in one of these recipes, or you can use any ready to use oil purchased from a licensed producer.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Your choice of essentials oils 30-40 drops depending on how much scent you are wanting. A good “go-to” essential oil is lavender, it’s relaxing and calming for both your muscles and your mind!
- Optional: food coloring of your choice
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the liquid ingredients until well blended.
- Slowly combine the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, pour slowly, this will allow you to mix well as you go. The mixture should hold together when squeezed without crumbling.
- Pour the mixture into your mold and pack tightly, let it dry. Make sure you work quickly so the mixture doesn’t dry out in the process.
I know it is that easy. To get the best results, let your bath bombs set in the molds for 3 to 5 days, this will allow them to fully dry. If you decide to surprise a friend or family member with this cannabis-infused bath bomb just make sure to let them know that it contains cannabis. Get creative with your cannabis. Let us know how you found the process of making your bath bombs.